The Swedish Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (SVCA) is an independent, not-for-profit industry body for firms and individuals active in the Swedish private equity sector, and includes buyouts, venture capital, business angels, and business angel networks.
The Association, which was founded in 1985, seeks to improve how the private equity market in Sweden functions and to increase knowledge and understanding of the private equity market among the general public.
We do this by:
- Actively improving conditions for the Swedish private equity market.
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory policy and acting as a point of contact for stakeholders.
- Acting as a reference body for the private equity sector.
- Disseminating facts and knowledge about private equity’s role in the Swedish economy.
- Encouraging private equity to continue to function healthily in terms of ethics, transparency, and ESG.
- Promoting entrepreneurship and business in collaboration with other organizations.
- Providing meeting places, training courses, and seminars for industry players in collaboration with SVCA partners.